Wednesday, April 3, 2019

164 going :-)

2015

Here comes I head between legs......
Its now running - 
Strange draining the tank to get the stale fuel out. leaves the tank empty.
Cars don't run on an empty tank...

Talk about dumb - too many projects on the go in parallel. 

Now to tidy up my install of the holden fuel pump and reposition the fuel filter under the bonnet.
And fill the car with 98 octane fuel and fuel preservative.

Some time later 2019
still in Qbyn

It lives! Thanks to he who shall not be named who came up from Launceston to give me a second eye. We found the pipes were all blocked from the tank to engine! Thought I had unblocked before but.. add some high pressure air and the blockage came out - all over me of course. Then with the pump wired the right way it just started.
Now I move on the releasing the brakes and fitting 5.5inch wheels. Oh and "leatherique" on the spare leather seats.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

145s ramblings

As I wait for a time to do the trip back south with the 145s Ive been fiddling and fixing. First the manifold as in the previous post. Sti...